It is still over a year before the 2016 elections. However, it’s time to get these electronic voting machines out of the system before then. These machines can be easily hacked and voting results changed.
Anyone can affect the election process if they have enough money to actually make and distribute these electronic voting machines! How one purchase was done is downright “diabolical” and too detailed to write here. You can find those details at allvoices.com posted in 2012.
The public has no knowledge of this under-handed takeover of our election process by corporations. We have no ability to verify election results. Following are the results of a study by Princeton University and Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs titled “Security Analysis of the DIEBOLD AccuVote-TS Voting Machine”. This is a short synopsis of the report: The details of the analysis are in the main body of this report.
1, Malicious software running on a single voting machine can steal votes with little risk of detection. Even forensic examination of these records will find nothing amiss!
- Anyone who has physical access to a voting machine, or to a memory card that will later be inserted into a machine, can install said malicious software using a simple method that takes as little as one minute. Poll workers and others have unsupervised access to the machines.
- Machines are susceptible to voting-machine viruses that can spread malicious software automatically and invisibly from machine to machine. Installing vote-stealing program on every machine it infects.
Although the analysis was of Diebold’s software, there are other companies making these machines as well. For more information search “Electronic Voting Machines”. The depth of the electronic voting machine problems is amazing!
These were just a few of the problems in the 2000 and 2004 Presidential Elections:
- In the key swing state of Ohio, election monitors were overwhelmed by complaints of G.O.P. orchestrated voter suppression and fraud. Many voting-machine “glitches” were reported including votes were flipped from Kerry to Bush. Officials moved ballots illegally to another building and counted them out of public view with no oversight. In one Ohio precinct, exit polls indicated that Kerry should have received 67 percent of the vote, but the “certified tally gave him only 38 percent. The odds of such an unexpected outcome occurring only as a result of sampling error are 1 in 867,205,552.
- In Wisconsin in 2010, the new governor, Scott Walker was being voted on for Recall. The 2011 race for a seat on the Wisconsin Supreme Court would be of crucial importance. The election was ultimately decided by Waukesha county clerk, Kathy Nickolaus, who
discovered” 14,300 votes on her computer late on Election Night. This amount of votes handed the victory to the conservative incumbent, Justice David Prosser.
- In another election, voters and campaign workers reported that the ES&S touchscreen machines “flipped” votes to one candidate all day long! Meanwhile, the absentee ballots – which were counted by hand – told a different story. In half of the state’s forty-six counties, there was a 10 percent disparity between absentee ballots and those counted by machine.
Today there are 31 states that have Republican governors and 26 states that have Republican secretaries of state. A couple of them, Florida and Ohio (with election fraud) put George W. Bush in the White House in 2000 and 2004. In both states, the presidential election was decided by governors and secretaries of state in control of the voting process and final vote count. Former Gov. Jeb Bush and his Secretary of State, Katherine Harris used computerized electronic registration fraud to eliminate tens of thousands of votes! This election was won by G.W. Bush by less than 600 votes! Today there are more Republican states that can do the same thing with the electronic voting machines! For more details on the 2000 and 2004 elections search “The Stolen Presidential Elections” by Michael Parenti.
It is deplorable these machines are still being allowed in the voting system. They need to be taken out of the system before any more elections! Why hasn’t something been done about this after the 2000 or 2004 “rigged” elections? Ooops! I forgot. Republicans were in charge then! So, the question is “why haven’t the Democrats done something about this??” Isn’t it bad enough we have the corporations “selecting our government officials” through millions of campaign donations to anyone that will do their bidding? Do they really need rigged electronic voting machines too?? The only voice we have in our government is our vote. If that can be manipulated with money and electronic voting machines we have no true democracy in this country!